What Is Dynamic Routing?
When using route optimization with dynamic routes, work is assigned to workers or vehicles through a computer-based process each day. Any service order or delivery ticket can be assigned to any worker or vehicle in such a way that customer requirements are met, and the resulting set of routes have the lowest overall transportation cost.
- The time to plan routes is significantly reduced.
- The resulting routes are more efficient.
- You can expect a savings of at least 10 to 30 percent over 90 percent of the time.
Why Use An Artificial Intelligence Assignment Process?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a process where a decision is made by a computer instead of a human.
Why use an AI process to optimize routes?
- It has no biases. It can try any possible assignment even if it is not one that the human would try.
- It learns as it processes. Over a few iterations, possible solutions that are not cost effective are discarded and the process focuses on improving cost effective solutions that have already been found.
- It is quick. It does in seconds what a human would do in several minutes.
How Do You Use Strategic Movements?
- Use the Daily Process tool to upload service orders or delivery tickets.
- Use the artificial intelligence assignment process to make the most efficient assignments.
- Automatically consider vehicle cube and weight limits.
- Automatically consider customer time windows.